We warmly welcome you to join us on our monthly Local Earth Journey! This is an amazing opportunity to connect with nature, explore the natural beauty surrounding San Diego, refresh your mind, nourish your body and celebrate life with other eco-minded friends in the commUnity.
Our intention is to connect with the beauty and wisdom of nature while honoring the importance of our participation in the stewardship of a healthy local and global ecosystem. The theme for this month is “Connecting with the Wisdom of the Land”.
Our journey will weave in elements of yoga, meditation, hiking, group visualization, healthy food and uplifting conversation with other people that share a passion for taking care of the planet. Treat yourself to some ecologically inspired nourishment for the mind, body and soul!
The focus of the journey each month is related to the current theme for the Eco-Lifestyle Challenge – a 12 month experience created to inspire, educate and empower people to live a more healthy and regenerative lifestyle. Join us for a Discovery Session to learn more about the program!
(Campsite guaranteed for the first 8 people to confirm RSVP with payment – camping for more people will be dependent on site availability / see below)
Mount Laguna, Laguna Campground and Garnet Peak (see directions below)
Invite your friends on Facebook!
$20 – Journey ( Saturday 9am-3pm)
$28 – Journey + camping 1 night ($8)
$36 – Journey + camping 2 night ($16)
Food NOT included (each participant is responsible to bring own food & drink)
Schedule / Saturday
7:15 am – Depart San Diego (if not camping)
8:45 – Meet at Garnet Peak trailhead
9:00 – Yoga & meditation
10:15 – Interactive group visualization/exercise (focused on theme)
10:30 – (Break) eat snacks, drink water and prepare for hike
10:45 – Hike to Garnet Peak – AMAZING VIEWS (2.4 miles roundtrip, moderate terrain/skill level)
1:00 – Lunch & Eco-Discussion focused on healthy & regenerative lifestyle (people can share potluck style if they choose)
3:00 – Official end of the “Local Earth Journey”
(At 3:00 people can either head home, or to the campsite if you want to stay for the afternoon/evening – the camping is not an “official” part of the journey – rather a casual hangout afterwards for anyone that wants to spend more time in nature and spend the night.)
Option A / Friday Night Camp & Saturday Journey
- Camp at Mount Laguna on Friday night before the journey
- Meet at Garnet Peak Trailhead (sign say Penny Pines) at 8:45am Saturday morning to begin our Journey
- Option to stay and camp for Saturday night as well
Option B / Saturday Journey leaving from San Diego
- Meet at a group carpool location in SD @ or depart separately from SD
- Leave San Diego at 7:15am
- Meet at Garnet Peak Trailhead (sign says Penny Pines) @ 8:45am
- Option to stay and camp for Saturday night
We have 1 campsite at the Laguna Campground for Friday & Saturday night that can host 8 people and 2 cars (and a 3rd car for additional $9 fee – let’s be as efficient as possible with coordinating cars and carpooling). The first 8 people to confirm RSVP and pay will get these spots. If all 8 camping spots get taken in this 1st site we can try to reserve a 2nd site if available. There are also non-reservable spaces that are 1st come 1st serve. Those of us out there Friday night could try to walk over and reserve a walk-in site for additional people coming to stay for Saturday night.
Food & Waste
Please be mindful to bring healthy food with as little packaging and processing at possible. Organic helps promote and support local farms and healthy local soil. We know it can be challenging when camping, yet let’s be as mindful as possible to choose foods with as limited amount of packaging as possible – let’s try to keep our ecological footprint as small as possible by creating as little waste as possible.
What to Bring
- Open mind/heart & positive attitude
- Intention to connect with nature & other eco-minded friends
- Yoga mat or blanket
- Food, Water & Snacks
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Layers of clothing for warmer and cooler times of day/evening
- Footware you feel comfortable hiking in
- Notebook and pen to journal in (optional)
- Camp Gear if spending night (headlamp, tent, sleeping bag etc)
Locations & Directions
- Laguna Campground: just beyond the 26 mile marker about 3 miles north of Laguna Lodge & Visitor Center – click HERE for google map link
- Garnet Peak / Penny Pines Trailhead: about 4 miles north of Laguna Lodge & Visitor Center – click HERE for google map link
- Yoga in the meadow: we meet at 8:45am at the parking of the trailhead – we are doing our yoga in a meadow about 100 yards down the trail west of the road/parking area – just walk down the trail about 100 yards and look to the left – you should see a meadow with some yoga mats –click HERE for a pin that shows the meadow
- Laguna Mountain Lodge/Store & Visitor Center: 10678 Sunrise Hwy Mt. Laguna, Ca 91948 (this is an address you can put in your phone/GPS to get to the visitor center/lodge)
Carpooling – Utilize the Facebook/Meetup event to coordinate a spot in San Diego for Saturday morning to meet up, leave cars and depart @ 7:30am (we will find a place to recommend as the date of the Journey gets closer)