Dear Friends of the Earth,
We invite you to join us on a journey into the co-creation of Earth 2.0 ~ the Next Evolution! I am writing you on behalf of a nonprofit organization called Local Earth. We are a team of visionaries & solutionaries working together to create the most healthy and thriving planet possible. My name is Joshua Alvord and I am the Executive Director of the organization. We have a talented and experienced Board of Directors and received our (501c3) nonprofit status in February of 2016. We have been in the planning stages for the last year and are ready to launch into action for 2017!
We are developing the blueprints for a ReGenerative Village that will sustain the needs of a community of approximately 150 people. This model will demonstrate to the world an upgraded set of social and planetary systems we are referring to as Earth 2.0. The blueprints are being designed to be replicated, scaled and integrated into innovative urban planning models of the future. This will eventually become a global network of ecovillages that will provide us with solutions to the current challenges we are facing with regards to the health of our global ecosystem, natural resource management and population growth. We are creating replicable models for every bioregion on the planet (village details here).
We are seeking a person, family or organization who feels deeply aligned with this vision and would like to help support our organization and the implementation of our plan! We are looking for someone who may have an extra house, barn, garage or warehouse on their property to create a collaborative live/work space for our core team of 2-6 people for 6-12 months. We are all currently living and working separately and realizing how much more creative and productive we would be as a team if we had a focused work space where we could live and stay in the collaborative work zone 24 hours a day until the project is underway!
We are looking for someone who would be willing to donate (or greatly discount) the necessary space to our organization for 6-12 months to help get us started. We can talk with a CPA about the best potential ways to apply this as a tax write-off. This would help alleviate our need to spend the majority of our time at 9-5 jobs to pay rent, so we can focus our collective time and energy into the development and implementation of this globally relevant and pertinent project. We have a professional team with backgrounds in architecture, engineering, natural building and whole-system ecological design just to name a few.
- Living space for 2-6 people (+1 sweet 8 year old well trained dog)
- Creative and collaborative work space
- Kitchen & bathroom access
- Ideally in Southern California within the vicinity of San Diego, LA or Ojai
- (Yet we are open to other places in the country if the space is right!)
- Access to outdoor space and fresh air
Nice to have…
- Yard space where we could create a community garden
- The possibility of implementing rainwater harvesting or greywater systems
- Access to nature
Core components of the ReGenerative Village will include…
- Natural Building Materials and Methodologies
- Organic Agriculture & Permaculture Design
- Efficient Water Systems (Rainwater Harvesting & Greywater)
- Community Scale Renewable Energy Systems
- Whole Systems Design Closed Loop Waste Management
- Implementation of innovative Decision Making & Governing Systems (Ie. Sociocracy)
- Testing & Implementation of innovative Resource Based Economic Systems
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
We sincerely appreciate your consideration of helping support our organization and this vision! Please contact us if you if you have any questions or would like to talk more about this.
With deep gratitude,
Joshua Alvord & the Local Earth Team